Axial dual in-phase and out-of phase in Liver MRI imaging




The purpose of using dual-phase chemical-shift imaging is to detect lipid either in hepatic parenchyma or within hepatocellular neoplasms. This is a non-enhanced breath-hold T1-weighted spoiled gradient-echo (SPGR) sequence in which periodic chemically selective fat-saturation pulses have been incorporated. Short TRs and short TEs are used. When TE is in phase (4.2 ms at 1.5 T), fat and water signals combine (in-phase imaging). Out-of-phase imaging is performed with a TE of 2.1 ms at 1.5 T. Fat will lose signal intensity on out-of phase images, because the signals from fat and water protons cancel each other. This sequence is also helpful to look for iron deposition in liver parenchyma. In patients with iron accumulation, parenchymal signal is lower on the longer TE in-phase images.

--> Axial dual in-phase and out-of phase in Liver  MRI imaging
  • Select 2 echoes, system automatically acquires in and out-of-phase images.
  • User CV: Select turbo mode before entering the matrix values. Turbo mode reduces the RF pulse width and therefore shortens the TR. As the turbo mode gets faster, tissue contrast decreases but vessel-background contrast increases.
  • Scan from top of liver to bottom of liver. Breath-holding is critical. Repeat as necessary for optimum image quality.

1 comment:

cassie brenda said...

There are a lot of misconceptions about what it means to be living with Herpes simplex virus (HSV). Ultimately, everyone’s lives are different – how you cope with your diagnosis and how you move forward is up to you.

The 21st of June 2015 was the day I was diagnosed with Herpes simplex virus (HSV). l was so worried that I cried out endlessly. On the way there I was crying and shaking the steering wheel, I just didn’t know what I should do.

After that day, my depression was at all-time high, but slowly, I started to do my own research, looking at what I should do next and then last month, i came across a website which was about cure for Herpes simplex virus (HSV) and other STD's.

I took the contact details from the website and contact the doctor (Dr. Francisco. B.), and after much inquiry, we came to a conclusion and she sent a herbal medicine to me through the courier delivery service, and she also gave me guidelines on how to take the medicine.

After 9 days of taking the medicine, i discovered that all painful sores in the genital area, the itching, painful urination and tender lumps in the groin was no more, and i went for a medical test, and i was so amazed to see my test result showing NEGATIVE. I then went to another hospital, and my test result is still showing NEGATIVE till date.

I think life has given me another chance to be happy and free, I now do what I can to inspire others through these battles. For anyone out there affected with such disease please contact Dr. Francisco .B. with the below link;

Email: franciscobrain8@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts